Most us know a little something about the dangers of smoking. It increases your risk of heart disease, stroke, and lung cancer. It can affect fertility in both men and women, making it harder to conceive a child. According to the Centers for Disease Control, it causes nearly half a million deaths per year in the United States, making it the leading cause of preventable death. It leads to more deaths than HIV, illegal drug use, alcohol use, motor vehicle injuries, and firearms combined.
Even if you’ve heard such statistics before, you may be frustrated because it feels like there’s not a great alternative to smoking. You need to quit, but it’s really hard.
Have You Heard?
Smoking vs Vaping
That’s where vaping comes in. Instead of a cigarette full of nasty chemicals, you use an electronic cigarette that creates water vapor for you to inhale and exhale. It’s tobacco-free, but you can still get e-liquid made with nicotine. Many people find it a good way to get the feel of smoking a cigarette without as many of the dangers that come with smoking a pack of Marlboros. You can get all sorts of flavors, including grape, mint, and even chocolate.
If you decide vaping is something you’d like to try, don’t be drawn in by the cheap disposable things sold at some corner markets. Go for a longer-lasting model sold at a vape shop in your area. They’ll be more expensive, but they’ll also provide a better vaping experience. Even better, you’ll be buying them from employees who are knowledgeable about the difference between tanks and clearomizers (tanks hold more e-juice, while clearomizers, or “clearos,” are cheaper and more compact).
What’s Really Inside E-Juice?
You don’t have to go cold turkey. You can get nicotine from vaping, and ideally move toward weaning yourself off the nicotine entirely and just vaping for the pleasure of it. Yes, adults really do that. Lots of them, actually. Some of those flavors taste pretty good, and they can taste even better without the addition of nicotine. The base ingredient in e-juice is either propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, or a mixture of the two.
Vaping gives you the routine of smoking without all the health risks. That’s not to say vaping should be treated like health food, but the available evidence indicates that it’s a better alternative than grabbing a pack of cigarettes.
Get The Facts
The Food and Drug Administration has been conflicted about regulating e-cigarettes. In 2016, it announced plans to crack down on e-cigarettes and related devices, before making an about-face in 2017 and delaying those regulations in favor of finding out more about e-cigarettes. It even signaled an openness to possibly approving vaping products as smoking cessation aids, which was great news for the people who manufacture and sell such devices.
So if e-cigarettes were like a complex series of pipes running underground, the FDA has decided to hold off on tearing the whole system out, deciding instead to go underground and take a closer look at things. Hopefully this will result in better, safer options for consumers who decide they want to quit smoking traditional cigarettes.
10 Benefits of Vaping You Should Know About
In recent years, vaping has emerged as a popular alternative to traditional smoking, capturing the attention of smokers and health-conscious individuals alike. Vaping, with its rapidly evolving technology and expanding range of options, has positioned itself as a potential solution. Let’s explore the various reasons why vaping is gaining traction as a safer alternative to smoking, and how it has the potential to revolutionize the way we approach nicotine consumption.
- Reduced Harmful Chemicals: Vaping eliminates the combustion process involved in smoking, which produces thousands of toxic chemicals and carcinogens. Vaping, on the other hand, heats e-liquids to create an aerosol without the harmful byproducts of combustion.
- Fewer Health Risks: Numerous studies suggest that vaping is less harmful than smoking traditional cigarettes. Research indicates that switching from smoking to vaping can lead to significant improvements in respiratory and cardiovascular health.
- Nicotine Control: Vaping allows users to control their nicotine intake. E-liquids come in varying nicotine strengths, providing options for gradually reducing nicotine consumption over time. This flexibility is particularly beneficial for those seeking to quit smoking. Choosing the right Laser Bong offers the advantage of utilizing laser technology. Some offer nicotine-free options, users can enjoy the flavors and sensations of vaping without the risk of nicotine addiction or the associated health concerns.
- No Lingering Odor: Unlike smoking, which leaves a distinct and long-lasting smell on clothing, hair, and surroundings, vaping produces a much milder scent that dissipates quickly. This makes vaping a more discreet and socially acceptable option.
- Wide Range of Flavors: Vaping offers an extensive selection of flavors, ranging from traditional tobacco and menthol to fruit, dessert, and beverage-inspired options. This variety enhances the vaping experience and can help smokers transition away from the taste of tobacco.
- Cost Savings: Vaping can be more cost-effective than smoking, especially in the long run. While the initial investment in a vaping device may be higher, ongoing expenses on e-liquids and coils are generally lower compared to the recurring costs of purchasing cigarettes.
- Increased Convenience: Vaping devices are portable, easy to use, and require minimal maintenance. There is no need for lighters, ashtrays, or frequent disposal of cigarette butts. Vaping provides a convenient and mess-free alternative to smoking.
- Reduced Stigma: With the growing awareness of the health risks associated with smoking, there is a decreasing social acceptance of smoking. Vaping, being perceived as a less harmful alternative, is often subject to less social stigma.
- Access to Supportive Community: Vaping has fostered a supportive community of former smokers and vaping enthusiasts who share experiences, advice, and resources for smoking cessation and vaping-related information. This community can provide valuable support during the transition from smoking to vaping.
- Regulatory Oversight and Standards: In many countries, vaping products are subject to regulatory oversight, ensuring safety standards, quality control, and accurate labeling. This helps to minimize the risk of using substandard or potentially harmful products.
It is important to note that while vaping may have advantages over smoking, it is not entirely risk-free. Individuals should carefully consider their personal circumstances, consult healthcare professionals, and make informed decisions based on the most up-to-date research and regulations.