WordPress users are by and large a happy lot. WordPress gives them a platform from which they can create content-rich pages. Like those commonly found in award-winning websites.
Top WordPress themes invariably make the design effort easier and produce better results. Many of these awesome WordPress themes, the so-called multiuse themes, are for general use. While others are dedicated to specialty websites like those used by realtors or online store owners.
You naturally want to find the best WP theme for the project at hand, but there’s a problem. There are simply too many popular WordPress themes on the market. Finding the right one could take many hours and you may still wonder if there’s another theme out there that might have been a better choice.
Might we suggest that you check out the following top 12 WordPress themes for the New Year? We’re reasonably certain you find one that fits your needs.
1. Be Theme
To call BeTheme big because of its large number of useful features would be an understatement. 40+ core design features coupled with a large user base makes it the biggest and most impressive WordPress theme of them all.
This sampling of core features should give you an appreciation as to why bigger can indeed be better.
- Be’s 600+ professionally-designed pre-built websites are responsive, customizable, and cover all the major business sectors, a host of business niches, and all the different website types.
- The powerful Admin (Options) Panel, in combination with the Muffin Builder and other core features, gives Be’s users tremendous design flexibility.
- A Shortcode generator, a library of shortcodes, and a host of design elements eliminates the need for coding
- Should the need arise, the Layout Generator helps you design pages from scratch.
That, as they say, is the tip of the iceberg. BeTheme has color, font, grid pattern, and header options, and special effects galore.
Click on the banner and see for yourself.
2. Total WordPress Theme
A premium WordPress theme generally has a wealth of different website-building features. You might not need some them for a given project, or not need them at all. Extra “bells and whistles” can make using a theme overly complicated. Total has addressed that issue by enabling its users to disable features they don’t need or intend to use.
Total’s features you’ll definitely want to use include:
- A modified WPBakery page builder that allows you to create custom page layouts more rapidly.
- More than 40 theme demos and 80+ page-building modules, together with special settings that allow you to effortlessly change colors, fonts, column and section widths, and more
- Tools for creating customized dynamic templates
- WordPress plugin compatibility
Visit its website to learn more about what this WooCommerce-friendly popular theme has to offer.
3. Avada Theme
When a WordPress theme has all the features you want, but you still question whether it’s right for you, its sales volume can say a lot. Avada has sold more than 450,000 copies to date, making it far and away the #1 best selling WordPress theme on the market.
That impressive sales figure suggests that Avada might be right for you.
Key Avada features include:
- A cool selection of pre-built websites along with single-click portable demos and design elements
- The Core Fusion toolkit that features the Fusion Builder and Fusion Slider, a shortcode generator, premium plugins, and a MegaMenu
- The Theme Options feature that enables users to build complex websites without having to write a line of code
- The Page Options feature that gives you 100% control over every page of your website
- First-class user support
Aveda is responsive, optimized for speed, and 100% WooCommerce compatible.
4. Rey Theme
Since Rey features its own built-in WooCommerce tools, you’ll never have to rely on expensive plugins to create an online shop just as you envisaged it.
- Rey gives you more than enough design flexibility thanks to its modular approach and its product pages and templates.
- Rey provides Scalable Vector Graphics support and is RPG and SEO friendly.
5. TheGem – Creative Multi-Purpose High-Performance WordPress Theme
TheGem has a well-deserved reputation as being the ultimate WordPress toolbox with cool website-building features like:
- A selection of 400+ multi-page and single-page ready-to-use websites with unique creative design approaches
- Mix & match any templates, customize everything with industry leading page builders Elementor & WPBakery
- Blocks – a huge collection of pre-designed page sections to speed up your workflow
- Powerful WooCommerce features and designs for high conversion online shops
The GEM has a 5-star rating and is trusted by more than 50,000 customers.
6. Uncode – Creative Multiuse & WooCommerce WordPress Theme
Uncode is particularly well suited for artistic and creative types, agencies, and bloggers. It can also be used to create outstanding websites for businesses and corporations.
You need to visit the website to see what Uncode can do for you. You should pay particular attention to the user-created websites showcase. You’ll find it impressive as well as a source of inspiration.
7. Kalium – Professional theme for multiple uses
Kalium is a longtime favorite WordPress theme of advanced WordPress users. Beginning WordPress users will find it a straightforward and easy theme to work with as well.
Kalium users will have at their fingertips:
- An impressive collection of pre-built demos and design elements
- A selection of popular plugins
- An ideal theme for creating portfolio websites
You can find out more by clicking on the banner.
8. Hongo – Modern & Multipurpose WooCommerce WordPress Theme
Hongo is a modern WordPress theme that rewards its users with a unique selection of out-of-the box special features, detailed documentation, and top-of-the-line customer support.
Its 11 pre-built store demos, premium plugins, and impressive selections of trendy design elements and templates will put you in a great place to create your WooCommerce store or blogging site.
9. XStore – The Most Complete & Customizable WooCommerce Theme
Is it true that the XStore theme can create the online store of your dreams at the push of a button? The answer is no, but it seems at times to come close to doing so.
It’s a matter of:
- Picking one of 100+ ready-to-go shops to get started
- Adding functionality to your site with one or more of XStore’s premium plugins (worth $510)
Working with pre-built content sections and the single-product page builder to finish the job.
10. Typer – Amazing Theme with Multi Author Publishing Features
Make it a New Year’s resolution to create a multi-author platform or upgrade your present blogging or publishing site. You can make it happen with Typer.
With Typer, you can:
- Allow multiple authors to post articles
- Impress site visitors with beautiful user profiles
- Create article layouts that improve reading flows
Typer is Elementor and Gutenberg compatible.
11. KnowAll – Knowledge Base Theme
KnowAll is the #1 knowledge base theme for WordPress. It saves time and money and gives your customers and your customer support operation a helping hand.
- KnowAll eliminates customer wait times for answers to most questions
- Customers can access the knowledge base 24/7
- KnowAll answers those pesky repetitive questions
- Typical FAQ page shortcomings are eliminated
KnowAll benefits your customers, your customer support operation, and your business.
12. Pofo – Creative Portfolio, Blog and eCommerce WordPress Theme
This 2020 favorite theme is guaranteed to repeat as a top WordPress multipurpose theme in 2021.
- Pofo was designed for creatives teams, bloggers, agencies, and eCommerce users
- It’s ideal for creating online portfolios
- Features include one-click import demo pages, home pages, and a wealth of supporting design elements and shortcodes
- WPBakery and Revolution Slider plugins are included
Pofo operates smoothly and seamlessly with the WordPress Customizer.
Each of the top WordPress themes listed here is modern and incorporates the latest website design trends. It will give you the flexibility and performance you need to build some really cool and improved websites.
2020 has not been the best of years but 2021 should be a lot better. Adding one of these great WordPress themes to your web design toolbox will make it better still.