Node.js can be named a server, capable of JS executing. It is able to provide asynchronous and event-driven APIs. Basically, it means that the framework will work if you need a fast and light app. It is good for data streaming, dashboards monitoring, creating of a chat or server-side web applications. There are many different ways to find and hire Node.js developer and the more you know about the technology itself, the easier is the recruitment process.
So what are the main features of this framework? Why it stays so popular for many years? We have featured 4 key points of Node web development, which make it so special and popular.
1. Event-Based and Rapid
Main advantages of this event-based language are synchronization ability and rapid interaction. What is Node.js used for? It is widely applied in the sphere of online games, an organization of video conferences or other fields where data should be constantly updated.
Among Node.js examples, you can also find application forms or payment systems – places, where the response time is important. According to the results of the companies using it, the time of the response on the clients’ side decreases by 2 to 10 times.
2. Need a Node.js IDE – You Have a Variety of Options
IDE, or integrated development environment, is not an obligatory tool, but a developer can significantly increase productivity using it. It helps to manage dependencies, ANT files, compiler parameters, and to avoid syntax mistakes, so you are able to pay attention to the project itself.
Choosing IDEs in Node.js web development, the developers mostly rely on their own comfort and taste, as you find many environments. Among the frequently used ones:
- Eclipse Che – cloud tool, workspace server, designed for dev teams and companies. It includes IntelliSense, key bindings, refactoring, debugging module.
- Brackets – open source environment developed by Adobe, in free access. In this code, editor developers run multiple Node processes and open files from built-in libraries and project packages.
- WebStorm – widely used with JS-based technologies. IDE has smart coding assistance, refactoring and error spotting, specific instruments for Linux.
3. The Node Package Manager
NPM is installed by the standard with Node. It is an included support, where you will find reusable components to install, share, distribute code. For public use, there is a repository of the files with code in public access. The developers often use such modules as
- Express – a standard component for Node.js application development.
- Hapi – an uncomplicated framework to create utilities and web apps.
- Connect – an extensile HTTP framework, supporting the developers with middleware – high-performance plugins.
- Redis – a client library where you find useful information for your code.
4. Node.js Examples – Where You Should Use It
Node.js web app should be fast and light. So it is perfect for loads of incoming information, the operations run in actual-time mode, you need to control the system. Therefore, it will be effective in
- Chats. In the chat room, people simultaneously share and receive the data. Node will easily cope with the application, working in real time, with small weight and significant traffic. Use the simplest solutions or try something complicated created on Redis material.
- Queued inputs. The parallel connections are not a problem for Node so it will work without bugs in the case if you receive tons of information. It is a nice option for actions like count of “likes” in the Instagram, where you don’t show the result instantly.
- Data streaming. Encoding music or video in actual-time mode, you basically have a stream. Processing these files during their uploading will significantly reduce the time of work, and Node is able to do that.
- Trading software. Node.js application for traders has many options: online price tracking, calculation performing, data analysis, creating of the visual means according to this information. Having these features, the user easily switches workstations and working places – Node makes people mobile.
- Monitoring dashboard. With Node.js web app the users track the number of people, visiting their sites and their activity on the pages. It helps to interact with the visitors, and increase the conversion of your website.
Node is a framework, able to create functional and useful apps. Node.js developers use it to solve the problems, which cannot be solved by other JS-based technologies. It is also popular among such big and reliable companies like ADP©, Uber©, Trello©, eBAY©, SONY©, and others.
Node.js applications are lightweight, they are able to interact rapidly with the user and upload vast amounts of information. With its help companies reduce the number of servers they maintain, decrease the response time, double the amount of traffic processed, have a shorter and simpler code. In case you are planning to attend Node.js interviews in the near future, we are here to help you with a list of Top Node.js interview questions.