In our storage devices we store a large amount of information that we sometimes lose or delete involuntarily. Do not panic as today we will show you how to recover deleted documents. It has happened to all of us once that we access our PC, smartphone or tablet in search of a photo, a video or any other document, and we can’t find it. Despite searching through all the folders that come to mind, we came to the conclusion that this document no longer exists and that we probably deleted it by accident the last time we cleaned the device.
Here are some quick tips for non-techies on recovering deleted files:
- Act quickly. The sooner you start trying to recover your deleted files, the better your chances of success. This is because the space on your hard drive where the files were stored may not have been overwritten yet.
- Don’t use the device. The more you use your device, the more likely it is that the deleted files will be overwritten. This is because when you create new files, the space on your hard drive where the deleted files were stored may be used to store the new files.
- Try a data recovery tool. There are a number of data recovery tools available, both free and paid. These tools can scan your device for deleted files and attempt to recover them.
- Contact a data recovery specialist. If you are unable to recover your deleted files using a data recovery tool, you may need to contact a data recovery specialist. These professionals have the expertise and equipment to recover even the most deleted files.
It is important to note that even if you are able to recover deleted files, they may not be in the same condition as they were before they were deleted. The files may be corrupted or incomplete.
Here are some additional tips to help you avoid losing your files in the first place:
- Back up your files regularly. This is the best way to protect your files from being lost or deleted. There are a number of different ways to back up your files, such as using an external hard drive, a cloud storage service, or a file synchronization service.
- Be careful about what you delete. Before you delete a file, make sure you don’t need it anymore. If you’re not sure, it’s better to err on the side of caution and keep the file.
- Use a file shredder to securely delete files. This will make it much more difficult for someone to recover your deleted files.
By following these tips, you can help keep your files safe and secure.
In many cases the deletion of a document does not affect us directly, or we do not consider it important, or we can access it by other means such as a backup copy. But there are other situations in which this document is unique and its loss is irreplaceable, so knowing how to recover it can avoid more than one dislike. We need to recover files from SD card properly.
What happens when we delete a document?
How To Recover Files From Memory Card Or SD Card?
In most systems, when we delete a document, it is not really deleted from the media where it was stored. What the system does is mark the space it occupied as “available”. Thus, this space can be used by the system when necessary, replacing, for example, a new photo or a new document. But even if this space is marked as free, the deleted document will still be stored in the unit where it was, so using the right tools could be recovered. This operation will only be possible as long as the space it occupied has not been overwritten with another document, in which case, recovering the deleted file could be impossible.
How can we recover deleted files?
Whenever we have a backup copy of the document that we have deleted, we can restore it and thereby recover access to its content. In some operating systems such as Windows or Mac when we delete a document it is not deleted, it moves to a special folder called “Trash” or “Recycle Bin” where it remains stored until we proceed to empty it. When sending a document to the wastebasket, the space it occupies on the hard drive is still marked as busy, so we can access it without the need of any specific tool. At the moment when the bin is empty, the space occupied by each document is marked as available and therefore we will not be able to access it with the tools provided by the operating system. Searching in the trash can take us out of more than one hurry because when we keep the documents stored there we can retrieve them whenever we have not emptied them.
We need special tools!
In cases where we can’t find the files in the Recycle Bin, recovery software is very important. A recovery software can scan each drive to find various hidden files and then recover them. There are various software options available, each with the advantages and disadvantages. Finding information about quality products is very important to make sure whatever our choice is, it really fits our needs. Hopefully by reading this article you can eliminate your worries.