Gone are the days when you had to look for a house sitter or pay the security guard extra to look after your home while you take time off and go for a vacation. Sophisticated tech has made that very possible with the invention of advanced smart security gadgets that you can access from miles away with the touch of a button. Wouldn’t it be nice to go on vacation and not have to worry about the security of your home?
Here are some of the new smart home security gadgets that are expected to be released in 2023:
- Smart locks: Smart locks allow you to lock and unlock your doors remotely, using a smartphone app or voice command. This can be a great way to let yourself in after coming home from the grocery store or to let a dog walker in while you’re at work.
- Smart doorbells: Smart doorbells allow you to see who’s at your door without having to get up and answer it. This can be a great way to see if it’s a package delivery or a salesperson, and you can even talk to the person at the door without having to open it.
- Smart security cameras: Smart security cameras allow you to keep an eye on your home even when you’re not there. You can use them to check in on your pets, make sure your kids are safe, or see if anyone is trying to break in.
- Smart smoke detectors: Smart smoke detectors can detect smoke and carbon monoxide, and they can send an alert to your smartphone so you can take action quickly.
- Smart water leak detectors: Smart water leak detectors can detect water leaks, and they can send an alert to your smartphone so you can shut off the water and prevent damage to your home.
These are just a few of the new smart home security gadgets that are expected to be released this year. As technology continues to evolve, we can expect to see even more innovative and helpful smart home security gadgets in the years to come.
You no longer have to call your neighbor constantly to check on your house. Instead, you can do it yourself. Well, below is a list of a few gadgets that have made this possible:
Ring Stick Up Security Camera
It’s true that if your house is left unsupervised, it becomes a target for perpetrators and burglars. So, for this reason, it would be wise to consider using the Ring stick up security camera, which is an Amazon-owned security wireless camera that is installed on your door. This camera is equipped with motion sensors and an advanced recording system that records once it senses something moving. The recordings can be set either in full HD or in 1080p, which gives you a clear image of the object or suspect being recorded. This system helps you monitor your doorstep from wherever you are as you can stream the feed straight on your phone via the Ring app that is available on the internet.
Abode Home Security Starter Kit
This system is one of the easiest to install, considering it falls under the do-it-yourself category of security home gadgets. The Abode home security starter kit offers a no-contact professional monitoring dynamic. The best feature that this kit has is that it’s easily expandable. Meaning, it can be connected to third-party pre-installed gadgets such as doorbells, house lights, and smart switches. This feature allows you to switch on and off your lights when you’re away, which gives an illusion that you’re at home. This can help you keep off danger. This kit is compatible with Alexa, the Amazon-owned system that adds on to the feature that the equipment can be voice controlled.
Simplisafe Protect Home Security System
This security system is an integration of separate gadgets that work together connected via a network to secure your house. Unlike other systems, this one has sensors installed on both your doors and windows, which gives more coverage. Since the sensors cover all entry points of the house, no thief can enter without going unnoticed. Besides the sensors, the house owner can integrate the system with Alexa, which means they can use voice commands to schedule alarms.
Nest Hello Smart Doorbell
This doorbell is an exceptional choice for the security of your home while you enjoy your week-long holiday without worry. This doorbell is easy to install as you can connect it to your pre-installed traditional doorbell, and it offers additional features. One feature would be a camera with face tracking technology, which enables you to not only be alerted of a person at your doorstep, but you also get to see their face. Besides the camera feature, this gadget has a two-way audio system as well as a 1080p video feed easily accessed through a mobile application. If you’re looking for a home security measure, consider this one.