Like any other business owner, dispensary owners also need to promote products and services. While it is challenging to do so, it is when creativity and persistence play an important role. Besides, the landscape is changing and, soon, more opportunities will arise.
In this post, you’ll learn some expert tips so you can create a smart marketing strategy for your dispensary. In that way, you can use digital marketing, along with traditional marketing, to stand out from the rest.
Create an Appealing and Functional Dispensary Website
Your dispensary website is considered your brand’s flagship. It is the foundation of your digital media presence. It is wise, therefore, to invest in a dispensary website so you can represent your brand effectively. Hiring a dispensary marketing agency can also help you establish a solid internet presence.
Here are some tips when creating an appealing and functional website for your dispensary:
- Make your dispensary website mobile-ready. It should be responsive, built not only for desktop, but also for mobile devices. By doing so, dispensary patrons can access your website easily through search engines and directory sites, like Leafly and Weedmaps.
- Build a website that is focused on conversions. By doing so, you can convert your visitors into paying customers so that you can keep more loyal patrons.
- Design a brand logo that will represent your business best. This will appear on your website and other digital platforms.
- Make your website user-friendly and high value by including an up-to-date menu so you can showcase your products. Also include a deals page to motivate customers to buy more, as well as a map and directions page to instantly access directions and your contact information.
- Give a voice to your dispensary brand by maintaining a blog, so you can also educate and connect with your visitors.
- Include links to directory listings, such as Yelp, Weedmaps, and Leafly so people can quickly leave reviews for your credibility.
- Link your dispensary website to your social media accounts, most especially Facebook.
Implement Email Marketing
An effective email marketing campaign enables you to build trust, loyalty, and brand awareness. Maintain regular contact with new and loyal customers by leveraging your email marketing. Make sure to create an email list so you can keep in touch with your customers. Regularly send out relevant email communications, such as promotions, a weekly newsletter, or tips and tricks.
Strengthen Your Mobile Marketing
Mobile marketing is essential for your dispensary website. Majority of visitors are using mobile devices, such as smartphones or tablets, to access dispensary sites. Other effective mobile tactics you can implement in strengthening your dispensary marketing include the following:
SMS Marketing or Text Message Marketing:
It’s a permission-based marketing technique to distribute promotional messages via text message and other chat platforms.
You can target a local community to drive new foot traffic to your retail store. You can do this by directly messaging the local market via the head or officers of organizations, instead of the mass market.
Incorporate Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search Engine Optimization or SEO refers to the process of enhancing the visibility of your website through organic or unpaid tactics. You can incorporate search-engine-friendly elements to increase your ranking in Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).
You want your dispensary website, videos, social media accounts, and directory listings to show up on Google’s homepage. That’s why you need to ensure that your site has everything so Google can choose it and rank it high in search results. Keep yourself updated with the latest about SEO. If you’re too busy to handle it, hire a professional to help you, like The Clarity Agency.
Beyond local SEO, use Google My Business for tracking customer actions, demographics, and impressions. Also, it helps to confirm your name, address, phone number. This also applies to your opening and closing hours to make sure that they appear correct on directories and your website.
Diversify Your Content Marketing
Content marketing can help you build your brand and customer loyalty. It involves creating and sharing “remarkable” content. Make sure that all information is useful, relevant, and engaging. Stimulate people’s interest in your brand by creating blogs, guides, podcasts, videos, images, infographics, and other media.
Be Involved In Mobile Applications
Remember that apps work hand in hand with directories. High traffic sites like Weedmaps and Leafly are the mobile apps that most consumers use to search for dispensaries and strains. That’s why you have to make sure that you are listed with these two popular apps.
Here are the other apps you might consider:
- Blaze Now
- Where’s Weed
- Marijuana Central
It’s not too difficult to promote dispensaries nowadays, thanks to digital marketing. Now, you can use social media, search engines, and other digital marketing strategies to help your dispensary. While laws are still recognizing and working out the importance and regulation of dispensaries, you can always advertise within the scope that the law permits.