Everyone goes online everyday. Multiple times per day, in fact. This may be an overreach, but only slightly. With portions of the world on lockdown due to the pandemic and more and more people working from home, the internet provides our daily needs – whether it’s for business, food and supplies, communication and even escape. Right now, the internet is our world, and there is greater competition to attract visitors to your site and keep them coming back.
There are some essential steps you can take to increase the number of people visiting your website.
- Promotional products: What are promotional products? They are robust marketing tools in your hands. Everyone likes free things, whether they are tangible products or services. When that free item has your brand and logo on it, people begin to associate your product and remember it when they need those services or products in the future. When people see that an item is being offered for free on your site, they will be eager to visit. Once they’re there, they’ll likely stay awhile and explore to see what you are all about, what you have to offer, and how it will benefit them.
- Brand name and logo: Consider the Starbucks and McDonald’s logos. Whether you are a coffee or fast food connoisseur or not, you are likely familiar with them. That is distinct brand identification. Their colors and logos are clear, crisp, and identifiable. They are on each and every cup, coffee sleeve, burger wrapper, and napkin. That is what you need to market what you’re offering.
- Data analytics: This is an increasingly useful tool to help you obtain data that can be quantified. You can learn about who is visiting your website, what their demographics are, and whether or not your advertising campaigns are successful. Additionally, this data can help you retool your marketing efforts to target your visitors better and draw in new ones with the creation of new strategies and product development.
Here is a useful explanation of data analytics.
- Search Engine Optimization: You will commonly see this listed as only SEO. This is a crucial element in your efforts to draw more customers in. In basic terms, SEO is a tool to move your website to the top results when people are searching for specific words in a search engine. For example, to bring the previous brand examples back into play, when you search for coffee you will likely see McDonald’s or Starbucks as the top listings due to their digital marketing and high caliber utilization of SEOs.
- Photos: When potential or returning customers visit your site, what will pull them in are the photos you display. While the text and information you provide are essential, the photos engage people visually, especially in the absence of opportunities to interact with items physically. Whether it’s the pandemic that is keeping people from brick and mortar locations or having an online-only presence, customers want to have a tactile experience.
The world lives in both the physical and online realm. It is vital to your business that you take specific steps to monetize and update to stay current and relevant to your customer base as well as future customers.